[Important Announcement] 2019-nCOV Prevention Notice
- The number of cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus infection continues to grow. It is recommended not to travel to high risk areas such as China, Hong Kong, Macao, etc., and please be alert to the epidemic intelligence of other countries.
- According to TMU regulation and meeting minutes of Epidemic Committee, if any faculty/staff are taking leave to go abroad, all applications must be approved prior to the trip. The supervisor shall strongly suggest the individual not to travel to high risk area such as China, Hong Kong, Macao, etc...
- Leave Procedure:
- Starting from 0:00 am of February 10, 2020, all arrivals transiting through China, Hong Kong and Macao and are granted entry into Taiwan will be required to be under home quarantine for 14 days, where the individual can request to take standard sick leave, personal leave, or special leave.
- If any faculty and staff members who were infected with Wuhan pneumonia are required to practice in the 14 days correctly measures for the self-management of health.
(1) Faculty / Staff infected while performing duties: may request to take work sick leave.
(2) Faculty / Staff infected while off duties: may request to take standard sick leave, personal leave, or special leave for medical treatment.
- If any faculty and staff members are “not infected with Wuhan pneumonia”, but have been in contact with person(s) either highly possible of being infected with Wuhan pneumonia or are confirmed cases, shall practice in the 14 days correctly measures for the self-management of health. During the home recuperation (quarantine), where the individual can request to take standard sick leave, personal leave, or special leave.
- Family members of faculty/staff who need personal care due to illness or due to practicing in the 14 days correctly measures for the self-management of health, the individual may take personal leave, special leave, or family care leave.
- As the schools at senior high Level and below has postponed the first day of spring semester until 2/25, If any faculty/staff who need to take care of children under 12 years old or children at senior high school level and under, who have been issued a disability identification, one of the parents may request to take " Epidemic Prevention Children Care Leave " during the period of 2/11~2/24. Please note that Epidemic Prevention Children Care Leave is unpaid. (Written application only)
- Epidemic notification Unit: Health Protection Section (Ext. 2250)
Consultation for leave of absence: Office of Human Resources
- Teacher / Researcher / Staff: Ext. 2026
- Postdoctoral Researcher / Full-time and Part-time Research Assistant: Ext. 2022