Laboratory Research Assistant Recruitment, Graduate Institute of Mind, Brain, and Consciousness and Graduate Institute of Biomedical Materials and Tissue Engineering at Taipei Medical University
The Martino & Magioncalda Laboratory in the Graduate Institute of Mind, Brain, and Consciousness at Taipei Medical University (TMU), directed by Dr. Matteo Martino and Dr. Paola Magioncalda, in collaboration with the Prof. Thierry Burnouf’s Laboratory in the Graduate Institute of Biomedical Materials and Tissue Engineering, College of Biomedical Engineering, at TMU, is recruiting a full-time laboratory research assistant.
We investigate brain functioning and the neurobiology of psychiatric disorders, especially bipolar disorder, using clinical evaluations, neuroimaging techniques, and laboratory analysis.
The research assistant involved in our projects will investigate the relationship between immune and brain alterations in bipolar disorder, by using various laboratory techniques and animal models.
- laboratory analyses (protein analysis - such as ELISA, western blot; gene expression; cell culture models and analysis - such as immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry; animal experimentation)
- assistance in data collection;
- maintaining databases;
- coordinating and liaising with the various centers involved in the project;
- general management of Lab operations and administrative work.
- MS degree in Neuroscience, Biotechnology, Biology or related field;
- prior experience in protein and cell cultures;
- good knowledge of English language;
- prior experience in animal models, although not required;
- knowledge of Chinese language is preferred although not required.
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Materials and Tissue Engineering, Taipei Medical University (TMU Main Campus, No. 250, Wuxing Street, Taipei)
- Graduate Institute of Mind, Brain and Consciousness, Taipei Medical University (TMU Daan Campus, No. 172-1, Keelung Road, Taipei)
- Shuang-Ho Hospital (No. 291, Zhongzheng Road, New Taipei City, 235)
According to TMU research assistant compensation standard plus health insurance and other benefits. Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience, and subject to annual increase.
Interested applicants should send their English CV by e-mail to Dr. Matteo Martino at email@example.com